I was looking at the Science Of Learning in 3 domains.— Kiran Johny (@johnywrites) November 18, 2018
1) Sports (Immediate feedback is possible)
2) Academics (Immediate feedback is possible by design)
3) Entrepreneurship (Immediate feedback is not possible) #Learning #skills #entrepreneurship #sport
According to Daniel Kahneman “Acquisition of skills requires a regular environment, an adequate opportunity to practice, and rapid and unequivocal feedback about the correctness of thoughts and actions.”
The possibility of natural feedback varies from domain to domain.
If we leave a learning system to itself, it may not produce effective results because of the inherently built in inefficiencies of the feedback system related to that particular domain.
Following are three domain embedded feedback examples.
- Sports (Immediate feedback is possible)
- Academics (Immediate feedback is possible by design)
- Entrepreneurship (Immediate feedback is not possible)
Those domains with optimized feedback systems will produce fast learning effects.